Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Meesh's Floral Touch

I had the opportunity to create Floral centerpieces this past Saturday for Felicia's Graduation! She told me what flowers she liked, her favorite colors, and gave me a budget!  At first, I thought orange & red would be hard to find in the Summer but I was definitely wrong! After bargain hunting, I found peonies, tulips, french tulips, and mini callas in shades of orange & red! I also used Belles of Ireland to add a hint of green! I cleaned & prepped all the flowers and stored them in vases before I started. Flowers are so dirty
 



After countless hours (just a few) I completed my first ever Floral centerpieces! I added glass marbles and organza ribbon with some rhinestone embellishments to give it a "Meesh" touch!   
CP#1 Orange Tulips


CP#2 Deep Red Peonies

CP#3 Red-Orange Mini Callas and French Tulips

Here's one in action, I loved how they turned out! 
Meesh's Recipe
  • Ikea Kanist Square Vases
  • Michael's Glass Marbles
  • Celebrate It Ribbon
  • Martha Stewart Rhinestone Embellishments
  • Flowers from Trader Joes & Whole Foods
I would love to work on flowers again, I discovered another "creative" side to me! It was invigorating! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment